Wednesday, April 16, 2008

sweetest things....

nick has been waking up in the middle of the night crying out for me/us again...when i go to comfort him i usually take him to go pee since he is potty trained but wears a pullup at night...besides having "bad" dreams i also thinks he wakes up because he has to go pee....
well i was just finishing up on the computer when i heard him start to stir - having a dream or something - said something like help me i think but he wasn't crying so i left him alone - when i got off the computer i decided to take him to the bathroom before going to bed just to see if maybe by me getting him to empty his bladder he might sleep the rest of the night - wishful thinking i know....
anyway, i just took him to pee and he did while still pretty much sleeping - i carried him back to his bed and laid him up on his pillow, covered him with his sheet and blanket, gave him his 2 star bears and a kiss and started to walk out of the room - i was like YES i did it - potty and back to bed without conversation maybe i can go to sleep now until my alarm goes off....as i'm walking out of the room he says in his little sleepy voice, "mommy?" and i was like ohhhhhhhh shit now what, i just want to go to bed....i said, "what honey?" and he said, "i love you" - i know, ohhhhhhhhh, he really is a very sweet boy...anyway that's my story...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I LOVE it...that is the sweetest. I love it when Tanner does the same thing (tells me he loves me, not wake me up before my alarm..)