I'm going to start blogging a picture a day from my birthday forward and I really need to get back into the habit of blogging daily. It's so much like journaling. I do enjoy it when I remember lol.
Saturday, May 08, 2010
what a great day....got to group power...kids went to the playroom at the gym during my class...first time that i can ever remember dropping them off and emma not giving me a hard time...amazing what 5-6 months does to change a child - think the last time i went was before christmas and she cried and cried and it made me not want to work out cause i was worrying about how she was....anyway, she was great, didnt even give me a kid goodbye when i left for my class....
group power was awesome, i dont remember the last time i took the class...gonna look it up in my calendar now, looks like it was october???? anyway, it was great and am now committed to going at least once a week and will try for a second day as well....
grabbed lunch from mcd's (salad and a wrap for me) and then headed to the library with mom and the kids...
got tons of great books for the kids and am actually going to start reading a short dinosaur chapter book to nick before bed each night starting sunday...we'll see if we can make it thru the series....
after the library we hit mom's pool with the kids for a very refreshing swim...both kids are so much fun in the water...emma is trying to swim either with her ring or her arm floaties...nick gets his goggles on and has really started to swim further and further...he realized today he can touch the bottom in the shallowest part of mom's community pool...makes it easier for him to swim and boosts his confidence and my piece of mind....
when they were done swimming they both read some books from the library while grammie read her book and i stayed cool in the water...
the kids and i went for dairy queen after the pool and then headed home to see what daddy was up to...he got the cover installed over emma's skylight and now we will have to wait and see if it keeps out the rain/storm noise that sooo often wakes her in the night with great fear....
i cleaned out the outside toys bin in the garage and organized the stuff inside; bubbles with bubbles, chalk in 2 buckets instead of spilled all over the bottom and in half filled packages, bubbles on the back shelf, balls in a basket, bowling sets in a bucket; just general sorting and organizing and it made me feel awesome....the kids played in the yard and we were outside from 5-8...i let nick have a 1/2 an hour on the computer when we first got home cause he learned a new trick from one of the kids at the library to get passed a certain point on some cartoon network game online....he gave me a fuss when i said enough, come outside but then he was busy busy busy for the next 2 1/2 hours...
nick had cereal, yogurt and watermelon for dinner; emma had a hot dog, cheezits, applesauce and a cheese stick and by the time they were done, emma was melting from no nap and so much outside play...jammies and a little snuggle time in my bed and she was asleep in 2 minutes as i rubbed her head...i didnt even realize it until i scooped her to put her in her crib...mike was like, oh yeah she has been sleeping for like 10 mins lol....
after nick went to bed with great ease (he too was tired from a busy day) we settled in for some parenthood and grey's anatomy....
really, this has been a great day....off to bed to watch some saturday night live with betty white as the host...she is a pretty funny gal....
Thursday, May 06, 2010
1. thank god our A/C is fixed....we spent money we didn't have to fix the problem but it had to be done...
2. mom has the kids tonight so i am going running after work along the water and then heading straight to the gym...if i can catch a class great, otherwise I'm going to do some weights....
3. only 3 more tball games until the season is over and unfortunately, I'm looking forward to it being done...i need my committed 2 nights a week back for my running right after work...get it done before i come home and then i can guarantee I'll have part of the week completed and will be more motivated to do more...
4. what is up with the children's medicine recall???? seriously, i have 2 bottles on my computer table i have requested a refund on and still have to check my diaper bag and my mom's house for Motrin bottles that might be part of the recall...guess i better make sure i have some generic for the next round of molars for my girlie...
5. made my a list of household projects based on a question of the day earlier this week and it really got me to thinking about getting some of these things going on the weekends...there is no reason why i can't start and finish the back yard...of course now it getting hot again and mike wont be able to build the deck, but why can't i move ahead with my plans anyway....
6. realized during out hot hot nights with no A/C, I'm not ready to move Emma to a bed yet...tried putting her in nick's room in the extra bed since he had an open window and a fan, wasn't working out...she is not ready...but mostly, I'm not ready to deal with her in a bed/getting out of a bed....she is fine in her crib and will stay there a bit longer until???? not really sure when :)
7. mom's weekend away - we talked awhile back about doing another mom's weekend away (missed last year but did it 2 years ago for the first time ever)...i really hope we can pull it off this fall - even if it is just a local hotel with a pool/beach and no kids :)
8. work is work...i still like my job, but some days are really hard to deal with the stress and pressure of slow coming money or the wait for new projects to start up....i truly wonder if my boss realizes the stress I'm under...
9. wishing mike and i could connect without the kids around more...we don't seem to be spending much time together lately and I'm missing him even though he is right here...
10. so glad that opa's surgery seems to have turned out well...he keeps saying he's coming home tomorrow which was Tuesday and then Wednesday and now Thursday...we'll see, i cant imagine they crack open your chest and give you a triple bypass on a friday and then let you go home in under a week??? but maybe???
Saturday, January 02, 2010
so this will be an ongoing list updated from time to time but for now here it is....
1. complete disney 1/2 marathon in under 3 hrs 15 min
2. exercise 4+ days a week
3. continue tracking my food on the lose it app on my phone DAILY
4. do at least one family activity a week - kids make a "list", draw from the box (i have the box and the cards)
5. date night at least once a month
6. activity with mom at least once a month with or without kids
7. keep up with pictures off the cameras and onto the computer and shared by shutterfly, facebook or email
8. remember and recognize friends and families birthdays with a call or an email
9. make 3 new friends before the end of the year
10. get tax paperwork to accountant by mid february and ask that he get it done before april 15, even if it means i have to pay for it :)
Friday, December 11, 2009
picture taken in downtown disney last week
1. What I had for lunch today: turkey, ham, cheese sand on wheat, baked lays, diet dew
2. Something I apologized for: maybe breaking the garbage can but it turned out that i didn't :)
3. The last person I thanked: emma for helping me put something away ( i used a task as a distraction to stop her from whining/crying - gawd, i'm getting tired of the whining LOL)
4. The last movie I watched: Taken, very good - suspenseful movie
5. My favorite song right now: i've gotta feeling by the black eyed peas
6. Where I ate out last: Denny's, Orlando
7. What I'm wearing right now: mikes boxer briefs, maine tshirt
8. What made me laugh: Emma and the things she says, the other morning i asked her if she messed up the tv, knowing that the satellite was just resetting itself, and she said, "i didn't do anything" so innocently and it just made me smile
9. The last person I spoke to on the phone: my sister, big surprise i know :)
10. Someone I'm thinking of right now: the kids - hoping they sleep thru the night
Monday, November 23, 2009
1. What I had for lunch today: pork chop, mashed potato, peas, apple slices
2. Something I apologized for: mike for univiting him to orlando to visit rosie in december
3. The last person I thanked: Chara for faxing something for me
4. The last movie I watched: UP!!!
5. My favorite song right now: i gotta feeling by the black eyed peas
6. Where I ate out last: Nick's school for Thanksgiving luncheon
7. What I'm wearing right now: jean capris, green work polo, flip flops
8. What made me laugh: my sister on the phone carrying on about how she has to pee and is hitting bumps but needs a drink of water at the same time...
9. The last person I spoke to on the phone: my sister about her carrie underwood haircut
10. Someone I'm thinking of right now: all the people i'm not buying gifts for this year...we just dont have the money...
Monday, October 26, 2009
picture is from the 13th but answers are from the 26th...i'm a few days late - sue me :)
1. What I had for lunch today: smartones meatloaf w/mashed pot, carrots, granny smith w/peanut butter
2. Something I apologized for: chara for interrupting her while on the phone
3. The last person I thanked: chara for ordering a new dated stamp for me for work
4. The last movie I watched: couples retreat
5. My favorite song right now: don't really have one, i'm listening to same stuff from ipod for running
6. Where I ate out last: vicky's house for potluck bunco
7. What I'm wearing right now: jean capris, blue work polo, brown flip flops
8. What made me laugh: seeing emma dragging the wagon with all our pumpkins in it
9. The last person I spoke to on the phone: kara making plans to go running tonight w/elissa
10. Someone I'm thinking of right now: mike, hoping he remembers it is his night to pick up the kids
Monday, September 14, 2009
1. What I had for lunch today: healthy choice sweet/sour spicy chix, cheese, grapes
2. Something I apologized for: mike for calling him 3 or 4 times this morning to give me info from the computer table
3. The last person I thanked: the sales guy at fit2run for helping me get shoes/socks for my training
4. The last movie I watched: both sisterhood of the traveling pants movies
5. My favorite song right now: boom boom pow by the black eyed peas
6. Where I ate out last: Chili's
7. What I'm wearing right now: jean capris, pink work polo, black flip flops
8. What made me laugh: emma's messed up haircut but not in a good way
9. The last person I spoke to on the phone: my sister sarah
10. Someone I'm thinking of right now: me - really feel good about writing down my training plan on a calendar and am looking forward to the challenge of sticking to it for the 1/2 marathon in january
Monday, August 17, 2009
Today - 8/17/09
1. What I had for lunch today: healthy choice pot roast, cuke w/balsamic vinager
2. Something I apologized for: to mike for forgetting to the pot roast in the crock pot this morning for dinner - duh....
3. The last person I thanked: Sarah for her opinion on birthday party things...
4. The last movie I watched: The Ugly Truth
5. My favorite song right now: halo by beyonce
6. Where I ate out last: fon shan's take out
7. What I'm wearing right now: mike's boxer briefs, turquoise tank top
8. What made me laugh: emma screaming at the top of her lungs for mike who was putting the garbage out
9. The last person I spoke to on the phone: mike saying i was in the driveway :)
10. Someone I'm thinking of right now: mike asleep on the couch, should i try to wake him and get him up to bed when i go???
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
okay so i'm racking my brain trying to remember when nick started this waking up in the middle of the night horseshit...emma has been doing it for about 2 weeks now where she will wake up and cry for us to come to her...if we go to comfort her by rubbing her back or quietly reassuring her that we are just in the other room sleeping she calms down....BUT the second we start to walk away from her crib she starts SCREAMING HER HEAD OFF....i don't mean just regular crying, i mean screaming bloody murder....we know it is a control thing and she just wants us to stay with her but i just don't think it is a good thing to get started in that "bad" habit....i remember clearly laying/sleeping on nick's floor when he was still in his crib before we had the bunk beds in his room, just to get him to stop crying.....i CAN'T do that again....i'm at my wits end because i don't want to give emma different treatment but isn't that parenthood? learning from your past experiences/mistakes????
i just wish she would have continued being the model sleeper
regular night time routine of play, dinner, tub, jammies, books/play, snuggle in our bed w/tv or in the glider in her room in the dark, "emma you ready for your crib?" "yes mommy, my bed", put her to bed, she rubs her feet along the sheet and snuggles into her mattress with her taggie blankets by her face, holding the green tag, sleep thru the night and call/cry to us in the morning around 6am....ohhhhhh what i wouldn't give to go back to that.....we jinxed ourselves by complaining about her "early" awakening at 6am....ohhhhhh to go back to being able to sleep all night and get up at 6AM....
oh and on top of the issues with emma's sleeping changes, nick is getting up at least once a night to come get me to take him to go pee....i'm getting like 4-5 hours of sleep a night....