Today - 8/17/09
1. What I had for lunch today: healthy choice pot roast, cuke w/balsamic vinager
2. Something I apologized for: to mike for forgetting to the pot roast in the crock pot this morning for dinner - duh....
3. The last person I thanked: Sarah for her opinion on birthday party things...
4. The last movie I watched: The Ugly Truth
5. My favorite song right now: halo by beyonce
6. Where I ate out last: fon shan's take out
7. What I'm wearing right now: mike's boxer briefs, turquoise tank top
8. What made me laugh: emma screaming at the top of her lungs for mike who was putting the garbage out
9. The last person I spoke to on the phone: mike saying i was in the driveway :)
10. Someone I'm thinking of right now: mike asleep on the couch, should i try to wake him and get him up to bed when i go???
Monday, August 17, 2009
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
okay so i'm racking my brain trying to remember when nick started this waking up in the middle of the night horseshit...emma has been doing it for about 2 weeks now where she will wake up and cry for us to come to her...if we go to comfort her by rubbing her back or quietly reassuring her that we are just in the other room sleeping she calms down....BUT the second we start to walk away from her crib she starts SCREAMING HER HEAD OFF....i don't mean just regular crying, i mean screaming bloody murder....we know it is a control thing and she just wants us to stay with her but i just don't think it is a good thing to get started in that "bad" habit....i remember clearly laying/sleeping on nick's floor when he was still in his crib before we had the bunk beds in his room, just to get him to stop crying.....i CAN'T do that again....i'm at my wits end because i don't want to give emma different treatment but isn't that parenthood? learning from your past experiences/mistakes????
i just wish she would have continued being the model sleeper
regular night time routine of play, dinner, tub, jammies, books/play, snuggle in our bed w/tv or in the glider in her room in the dark, "emma you ready for your crib?" "yes mommy, my bed", put her to bed, she rubs her feet along the sheet and snuggles into her mattress with her taggie blankets by her face, holding the green tag, sleep thru the night and call/cry to us in the morning around 6am....ohhhhhh what i wouldn't give to go back to that.....we jinxed ourselves by complaining about her "early" awakening at 6am....ohhhhhh to go back to being able to sleep all night and get up at 6AM....
oh and on top of the issues with emma's sleeping changes, nick is getting up at least once a night to come get me to take him to go pee....i'm getting like 4-5 hours of sleep a night....