Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting to a good place...

okay so i have tried to lose weight pretty much my whole life...i never remember a time when i was happy or comfortable in my skin...looking back now at photos i realize i was just fine in high school but at the time i always felt like the biggest friend, well i was the biggest friend but my size was average - acceptable so to speak...i just never felt like it because everyone else was so much smaller than me....anyway, what i would give to go back and be happy with my size then since i have gone up up up since...

i'm realizing that the only way to make this change permanent is to take one thing at a time...food, exercise, water, etc...i finally get that it is going to take a long time...no matter what it takes, i'm going to make this change forever...i want to be my "skinny" self...i'm tired of saying it, i'm tired of starting over...there should never be a start over, it should just be a DO....so i'm not going to try anymore, i'm just going to do...
EXERCISE/MOVEMENT
I'm going to incorporate the exercise/movement into my daily life by making the time - gym tuesdays with nick at the daycare/emma at home with daddy, gym thursdays by myself when my mom has the kids, gym saturday with nick at the daycare/emma home with daddy, monday-wednesday-friday try to get in a walk with Brooke or do my wii or treadmill at home, sundays either do some fun playing/running/racing with the kids at the park/playground or do wii or treadmill at home or just skip it and have a day of rest for an awesome job done for the week....
FOOD
just eat balanced meals silly - breakfast from home, pack your lunchbox with healthy things, PLAN dinner and if you feel like snacks, make good choices - fruit, popcorn, lt chips, pretzels, lt ice cream....splurge when i need to but do it in moderation so it doesn't stick to my ass and hips...i can not deprive myself or i will fail again...people who are thin and healthy don't why should i??? they eat pizza or ice cream or all other things we see as bad but they don't eat the whole thing, they have a bite, they have a serving and then they move their asses...be active and eat right and you can be successful at maintaining a healthy weight....
WATER
seriously, why do we find it so hard to drink water??? it is good for us, it tastes good and it makes us pee which is good for getting rid of bad things in our bodies...duhhhh, just do it all right already....
SUPPORT
talk it out with my friends, ask for help with the kids when i need to get my exercise in, plan our meals and stick to it, let the crap go that doesnt help and keep on keeping on...

okay that is my RANT for the day...this is my plan and it can and will work....i'm done saying when i'm there...i'm there....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

been making some changes around here too. Last time I was skinny, I had a really strict diet and when I was done, I ate everything in sight.

I have lots of veggies in my frig cut up and ready to eat and I carry my water bottle around all day.

I'm also eating smaller meals all day, and not just 3 of them. Lots of protein will help with the fat burning for sure.

I got a body composition analysis today and it was eye opening! UGH, need to up my water intake and food intake to loose the fat.

And, if you aren't already, add some weight training...it will help to bring your metabolism up and burn while you are at rest!

:)