Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Perspective....

okay here's the deal....i've been on Jenny Craig for over 7 months and have lost 42lbs...i was kinda disappointed that i hadn't lost more by now...i just looked back and realize now that at 7 months i had lost 46.5bs on weight watchers in 2001...i only lost 8 more pounds in the next 10 months for a total loss of 54.5 lbs on WW...i guess i'm more on track than i thought i was....i was sure i had lost 50 lbs quicker on ww but now i see that i didn't....and am feeling better about my overall losses so far....i guess i just needed some perspective....the longer it takes me to get it off the longer i plan on keeping it off....the slower it comes off the more like i am to keep it off for good....that's my plan anyway....i'm working on getting over blaming myself for getting to be so heavy....accept it and move on is what i am trying to do...i'm finding that forgiveness of ourselves is very hard to achieve....keeping on keeping on is my goal....1lb at a time, week by week, until i'm where i want to be.....this is my goal and i'm going to make it eventually.....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you are doing awesome. keep up th egreat work.
what i find ironic for me is that I long to be thinner. i think about it daily. but, i still reach for my comfort foods. it's like i can't find a happy medium no matter how hard i try. what is it with food? i dont' get it. it's like it's our own worst enemy. i lost a significat amount of weight. i am exercising on a regular basis again. but, i my thoughts still revolve around food.