Thursday, June 26, 2008

Trying times...

why do we have to go through so many trying times in life in order to enjoy the good stuff?
why does it seem like there are so many more hard times than easy ones?

honestly i feel like some people, in particular me, are just tested too much, beyond what they should be expected to handle....sometimes i just feel like i can not catch a break....i want to be happy and enjoy my life, my kids, my marriage, my friends, my job, my family, but sometimes it seems like there is just too much struggle in the way....it seems like when one thing gets settled and back on even keel, another cart tips over and you have a million more pieces to pick back up before you can get back on level ground again....kids, family, work will be good but then marriage is not...then marriage seems good and the kids and work are causing you grief....or work and kids and friends are good but then marriage sucks....sometimes i just feel like i can not get my head above water and i just don't know what else to do but just float along and take care of what i can and let the other stuff sink.....but then the other stuff could be gone forever at the bottom of a very deep ocean.....lots of pondering today, really want to get out of the rut that i am in and hope that my appt tonight will help, maybe working on myself and learning to accept things i can not change will make me better and help rectify my damaged relationship....just when you think you are better you are tested!!!!!!!!!!!! over and over again - seriously stupid vicious cycle....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Although it's not easy, try to find a list of positives in your life. Take out a note book and start writing.

Start out small. The sunshine, the rain, breathing. You will find a list so long you will be amazed.

And above all else, remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Anonymous said...

Well spoken, Melissa.
-Brooke